Friday, September 29, 2023

Blog #8: Social Media Footprint

How do these issues affect you? You friends and family?
Luckily I do not have any issues with my online footprint. I was raised to never post anything that could receive any form of backlash. Nothing that could jeopardize my career in the future. My family and friends are very similar. I do know people, that have not been so lucky though. Inappropriate images, hurtful words, or just embarrassing photos have been shared around and have ruined their image and likeness. 




What should the government be doing about these issues?
The government does not have to do anything about these issues. If you got yourself into that situation, why should you get a second chance and maybe do the same thing again? People need to be more forward-thinking and conscious about how they portray themselves.    


What can we do to protect ourselves from invasions of our privacy?
Once you are on social media, you kind of set yourself up for invasion of privacy. You have given them your name, picture, email, password, and other private information. If you stay away from social media then you are more protected, but you are never fully protected. Everything about you is in a database somewhere. For example, the DMV, insurance company, doctor's office, and your workplace has all of the valuable information about you. 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Blog Post, Our Relationship With Technology

When it comes to technology, I am not terribly absorbed in my phone, laptop, or other forms of social media. Here you can see my screen time...