Tuesday, October 3, 2023

Blog #10: Age of AI

In this video, the article is about how AI is more and more relevant in our day-to-day lives. They can perform tasks better than some humans, scarily enough. In the video, researchers developed a specific AI to learn to master a very difficult game. If you really think about that, it is insane. Not too sure what is more incredible, that we created that or that it can master so many things. Imagine what would happen if they had free reign.


A major takeaway is that AI can replace 65% of today's jobs. For example, the hotel Henn Na in Tokyo, Japan is a fully robot-run hotel. If you think about that, it is crazy. The AI robots for this hotel have taken about 10-15 jobs from people who need them. This is becoming very popular because it is saving many companies money in perspective. Hire men and women who require breaks and pay, or buy robots that will do it remote controlled. Are the companies really saving money though, that is what I have been thinking. How much does a robot cost, what if it breaks, does it need to be charged, what if something breaks or goes wrong? How much will that really cost the company? 



I wouldn’t say that AI is good or bad. There are positives and negatives. They are ultimately controlled by humans and can master many tasks. There is also another form of AI, like ChatGPT. During my internship last summer, I was granted and encouraged to use ChatGPT to help build databases and spreadsheets, and even just ask it questions. It is very popular in the professional world. Once I was accepted into the position my manager told me that everything he had asked me for the interview was written by ChatGPT. One of the negatives is that it is always evolving therefore older information could have been wrong. Overall I think that AI is here to stay for the better of the world. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Blog Post, Our Relationship With Technology

When it comes to technology, I am not terribly absorbed in my phone, laptop, or other forms of social media. Here you can see my screen time...