Monday, December 11, 2023

Final Blog Post, Our Relationship With Technology

When it comes to technology, I am not terribly absorbed in my phone, laptop, or other forms of social media. Here you can see my screen time on my iPhone. Three hours and 50 minutes as a daily average is 

not horrible. The average person spends six hours and 58 minutes on their phone. Based on data I am spending less time on technology than the normal person.
                    

There is a decent amount of valuable information on all forms of technology, but there is also a lot of useless information. People use technology as a destresser and learn useless information, that will fill up their brain. There is good and bad to it. Social media is a major contributor to all the useless information. TikTok, Snapchat, Twitter ("X"), Instagram, Facebook, ect. all are forms of mind-numbing outlets. Technology will never be removed from our lives, it is something people either love or hate. It is a great way to learn information, but also mislead you. 

When it comes to my friends and family technology plays both positive and negative roles. On the positive it allows us all to learn, talk to each other, distract ourselves, and many other things. Technology is also negative, for example, it holds everything you have ever said and done. I know many of my peers have been caught up in scandals, because of their online footprint. This is unfortunate, but people need to be more conscious of what they do and say on social media.   
In my life, technology is a positive aspect. It allows for me to talk to friends and family while I am at school, do school work, apply for jobs, talk to family overseas, and many other important things. 

Luckily, I have a good online footprint. My mom, dad, and sister all informed me to never put anything I do not want to get back to me on social media. My father owns a company, and me mentioned to me that he has an employee whose job is to run background checks on possible new employees. Their social media presence, legal cases, and many other things. If there is something that he does not like that they posted, they are out of the running. I have been raised to think about my future before posting or saying something stupid, that will come back and bite me. I have been applying for summer internships, and before applying anywhere I asked my dad's employee to run a social media background check on me, and luckily nothing came up that would ruin my chances for a job. I try to have very little online presence. If someone wants to know something about me, they can reach out to me and ask me personally. When you search for my name, the first thing that comes up is my LinkedIn. The rest of the results for "Vincenzo Iacono" are not related to me at all.  I have a clean online presence.


















No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Blog Post, Our Relationship With Technology

When it comes to technology, I am not terribly absorbed in my phone, laptop, or other forms of social media. Here you can see my screen time...