Friday, September 29, 2023

Blog #6: Antiwar in the News

Why is antiwar never talked about in the news?



I wonder why that is, don't you?

Antiwar is most likely not talked about in mainstream news often because it will receive both negative and positive feedback from the viewers. This will lead to a decline in viewership for the news source which is not good for business. Most of the time the news source also does not have all of the correct information and do not want to make themselves seem less credible. There is also the possibility of them jeopardizing their connection to the government speakers.  


You've probably never even heard of these websites. I wonder why that is? 

After my first glance at these websites, I would never use antiwar.com due to their website format. I felt like my computer was going to get hacked after looking at their poor format and the very bold and big letters used by them. The second website,  theamericanconservative.com seemed much nicer. It is still all over the place from football news to their own book promotion. Most people are also very skeptical about where they get their news from.  



This is not appealing in any way:



 




Why do you think you have to seek out obscure websites in order to hear strong antiwar voices?

Yes, I do think so. It is a very niche group of people interested in this type of news. CNN and Fox would never partake in something like this because of the controversy. Some people will love that type of news and others will not. As I said previously; there is a lack of information, jeopardizes their connection to the government, and is controversial. 









No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Blog Post, Our Relationship With Technology

When it comes to technology, I am not terribly absorbed in my phone, laptop, or other forms of social media. Here you can see my screen time...